Thursday, September 24, 2009

two new garden purchases



Hey neighbros,
Here is the garlic and pitchfork we ordered! I love the idea of this blog, Tiffany. I am a visuals junkie. Here is more info than you may ever want to know.



German Extra-Hardy

(Allium sativum)
Our easiest garlic to grow.
Among the most winter-hardy garlic varieties. Very large bulbs with 4-5 large cloves. The outside skin is very white and the skin covering the cloves is dark red. The New York farmer who grows this stock for Johnny’s says, "Out of over 200 sources of garlic that I have had in my trials over the past 15 years, I believe that this is the finest garlic that I have had on the farm." A vigorous-growing garlic with long roots, which gives it the ability to winter over without heaving out of the ground. Flavor is very good and stores well. 1 Unit = 1 Head




1 comment:

  1. Oh, such beautiful sights to see. Thanks, Alissa and Tiernan!
    Life on the farm is about to get a whole lot better!

    ReplyDelete